Congratulations! You have made a wise decision by undergoing cataract surgery. As you know, cataract is one of preventable blindness eye diseases. How about the postoperative care?
After the cataract surgery (for the first 1 or 2 weeks):
- You need to refrain from rubbing, scratching or putting pressure to the eye.
- You should wear eye shield on the operated eye especially during sleep for extra protection. The eye shield can be removed whenever you want to put eye drops.
- Sunglasses may help to keep the eyes comfortable and less sensitive to light.
- Avoid contact with possible contaminated water, i.e. swimming, fishing.
- ‘Ruku’ and ‘sajda’ during solat can be performed in sitting posture during the first few days.
- You may enjoy your usual diet following to the cataract surgery.
- You need to use the eye drops as instructed by the doctor.
- You will be reviewed within the first 1 week.
- You may resume your usual routine when you feel comfortable.
- We would be happy to assist you should any problem arises.